Proposed FOSS Agenda - Anyone?
Was finally able to figure out the forum's interface today. I haven't seen any mail from anyone so I was afraid I could be missing all the fun.
I just thought we could maybe from the start identify some of the issues we want to discuss and brainstorm in this group. I am proposing the following:
1. Internetwork Routing with Vyatta & Openlinuxrouter and perhaps Zebra
2. Hotspot Management with Chillispot or Wifidog (I think NocatAuth is pretty much dead), FreeRadius and MySQL
3. Web caching with Squid
4. VOIP with Asterisk & Sip Express Router
5. Windows Desktop replacement/substitution with Ubuntu Desktop (or any other single CD distro --- Wazobia Linux maybe?)
6. Directory services (like Microsoft Active Directory) with Fedora Directory Services (FDS)
7. Network monitoring and security tools (Nmap, Wireshark, Nessus, MRTG, ngrep etc)
8. Gateway computer systems with IPCop
9. (this is a long short) but they are a couple of business applications out there for ERP and CRM) - these can typically be hosted in the datacenter hence their suggestion here
10. Groupware with eGroupware
etc etc etc
What do you guys say?