ICT ABU,Publishes Booklet on 'Standard for Networking'.

As ABU Zaria decides to make the move to join the host of institutions that leverage ICT to improve its organizational processes, it has become necessary that the process of setting up Infrastructure be done according to some standards that will ensure ease of management as well as meet minimum requirements for Intranet application that will be deployed now and in the future.
This document defines standards for the installation of voice and data networks in all departments or units of the university. It will be revised periodically.
I am glad to share a copy of the booklet with you,current development has also informed us of the need to work on another booklet titled 'Acceptable Usage Policy'which will soon be published too.Please send your comments and additions on this booklet to wale@abu.edu.ng
and mukom.tamon@abu.edu.ng

PreviewAttachmentSize
Standards for Networking.pdf405.54 KB

Re: ICT ABU,Publishes Booklet on 'Standard for Networking'.

Excellent... thank you very much for sharing!

aminu

Nice one. You are likely to get more exposure and review on the ngNOG mailing list so I will forward a link there.

Thanks Omo,Baba did not teach us early enough to showcase some things.....but he has started by introducing some modules to the refreshers course.We will bring on board soon our next booklet on Acceptable Useage Policy.

The contents of the book is interesting

Guys,

salut! This is a very good effort. Worthy of emulation from all progressive institutions. I wish you would take out the references to 'Directorate' ... and just made it ABU!! Did I ask for too much?

good work, certainly it will guide other similar work that will soon come up , well done for starting and sharing it free. have learn alot