IT Project Management (ITPM) Training Course
IT Project Management Training (ITPM) Course: CITS University of Lagos May 18-20 2010
Datasphir is pleased to announce that an IT Project Management Course will take place at the Centre for Information Technology & Systems (CITS) University of Lagos from May 18-20. The course will be facilitated by ESI International (South Africa).
Synopsis: IT project management provides unique challenge; besides dealing with the formidable task of traditional project management, IT project managers need to address specific areas of IT that include:
• Systems Integration
• Human Resources
The Managing IT Projects course is the first of 7 courses leading to the award of a Master’s Certificate in Project Management from the George Washington University School of Business and Public Management, USA.
Target Audience: The course is a must for:
1. practitioners across the academic and commercial sectors who are Project Managers, Programme Managers and Project Leaders who wish to formalise or improve their project management methods and techniques;
2. Anyone in academic or commercial sectors who has (or is about to have) responsibilities for tasks that requires a project management approach.
3. Team Leaders participating in large systems development or implementation projects or simply anyone wishing to make a career out of managing IT projects and want to use the course as a step towards the Master’s Certificate and PMP certification.
Aim: The ITPM course is designed to extend traditional project management concepts into the IT arena. Participants will gain an understanding of the strategies and skills needed to manage IT projects of any size.
Benefits: Delegates will learn the following:
1.Identify project requirements using proven techniques
2. Learn how to staff your project team with shared resources
3. Estimate IT project costs and schedules using simple techniques
4. Determine the requirements for hardware and telecommunications projects
5. Understand and quantify the importance of different software testing methods
Materials: Delegates will receive pre-course reading notes and case study materials in addition to course material and access to online resources related to the course.
Price: The ITPM Course is N130,000.
- Delegates who pay before 10th May 2010 will receive a 5% (N6,500) discount;
- For delegates who require accommodation for the period, our registration desk can assist with booking accommodation at the University of Lagos Guest House or the nearby AHI Residence.
Registration: If you wish to attend the ITPM Course please send an e-mail with
your name, position, organisation, e-mail address, mobile number and
if you need assistance with booking accommodation to: email@example.com